Saturday, June 02, 2007

Changing Gears

I had my last scheduled day at work this week. The place is closing. Have I mentioned that before? Just the one location where I mostly work is closing. Closed. The other sites are staying open and I will still work at those places when they need me to fill in. I've been looking forward to the break though. And I will go in a couple times a week still to help out with the cleaning out process, but this will be at my own pace and on my own schedule. When I locked up and left that last day, the rush of relief came right away. Then the let down. And I was in a funk for a couple days. The pace of our days is changing, and even though it's going to be nice, it's still a transition, and I always have trouble with transitions.

Now I've got the time that I've been needing to plan our trip. Today is four weeks until we leave. Holy crap. We're never going to be ready. We are so worn out from the addition and being stretched to the limit in every way that it's hard to even get excited about the trip. We so should not be spending the money. We are tired. And we're racing to get this addition done, and when it is done we want to sit around a lot and be lazy, and enjoy it. Not leave for three weeks. But we just have to get out of here. Packing, leaving and saying goodbye will be the hardest. Once we leave we'll be fine. We'll have a great time.

In other news, the painting has begun on the addition. Woohoo! Here's a picture of the paint chips we used to decide on colors. Remember how I have a thing with colors? I love colors. I still remember all the names of the colors from the first round of painting when we moved in here. Honeydew, Butter Up, Reticence, Sandstone, Sweet Orange, Daydream - I have to at least like the name of the color and if it has meaning then that's even better. Here's what we're going with for the new rooms: Solitude (blue-ish) in the bathroom (because that's the one place you really want privacy); Grounded (dark brown) and Lemongrass (light green with a hint of yellow) in the dining room. When Zach started painting the Lemongrass onto the bare white wall, it looked so good I told him I wanted to lick it!

Well, with work slowing down I'm looking forward to having the time for other things. We're already getting out more with the moms. It was like Park City for us this past week because we were at a park every single day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines