Monday, August 06, 2007

Family Weekend

Zach painted all day Saturday, and then we both got home at night and fought about his painting on Sunday. I had told him before our trip that I wanted him to be home two weeknights and one weekend day, where he is not at work and not painting. So we compromised about Sunday and then watched a movie I'd gotten from the library.

I can't remember the last time I saw a movie in the theater, let alone rented one. And we used to do that kind of thing all the time. Then the computer happened, I guess. I usually get movies in at least two's because I can never decide which to get and they're free from the library anyway. They usually end up being strangely similar in a way I had not expected, or could have guessed.

After Zach kicked off to bed, I stayed up late watching the second one because I'd read a review of it that really interested me. The first was Lovely & Amazing, the second was Young Adam. Both had Emily Mortimer in them. She got naked and smoked in the first one. In the second one she did both a whole lot more. There were a lot of parallels and similar themes in both movies...artists, water, adultery, etc. Anyway, maybe all movies are just the same like that. Maybe nothing is really different.

The next day Zach did his painting in the morning, then came home and took Jacob out to another house where he was going to look at a job he's going to start this week. He's been taking Jacob with him when he does this, goes to give an estimate. Jacob LOVES it, and I get a break. I was going to go to Target while they were gone so that I could pick up a few cheap things for the new rooms of our house, but Zach told me to wait til they got back so he could go with me. This is my idea of a dream-come-true. Bonus: Jacob fell asleep on the way there so we could take our time, and Zach was happy to be doing this! I was ecstatic because these are the things I drool over when I go there and this time I got to show them all to Zach and chatter on about them. So we bought just a couple things for the house but it's really the first time I've ever been able to coordinate the decorating. Things match a little and it's so cool. It's the most adult I think I've ever felt!

When we got back we half-heartedly attempted to watch the third and last movie I had gotten from the library, A Prarie Home Companion. I'd wanted to see it for a long time, but I just couldn't get into it. Funny though, I'd picked up pictures that I'd had printed when we were at Target and I was working on getting them into an album while the movie was playing. Garrison Keeler started talking about Indiana just as I had the stack of Indiana photos in my hand ready to go. Someone mentioned the Mississippi (admittedly they mentioned this a lot) just as I was getting those photos into place. Then Kevin Kline talked about Mt. Rushmore a few minutes later as I was slipping those pictures into the album. Lilly Tomlin and Meryl Streep sang about the Ohio River, the Prarie, and Minnesota. All places I had pictures of. I don't really know why I'm writing about this, but it was just weird. Like several times it happened as I was holding a photo in my of the exact place. It was like they were watching me...

Anyway, stupid story. In between all that stuff we got things done around the house. And that's what the pictures scattered about this blog are of. The bathroom pictures are of the downstairs bathroom, which was hard to get pictures of because it is so tiny. It's light purplish-blue color, but it's impossible to see in the pictures. The only color in this entire house that is not an Earth tone. I'd gotten the prints from our trip, so I put a lot of them into frames and we're going to hang them on the walls.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines