Wednesday, August 01, 2007

So we're friends again...

We had another beach day with the moms. Jacob was so antisocial most of the time. But then when everyone else was getting ready to leave, he stared to warm up. It was like that at the concert last night too. And I'm starting to notice that he actually seems more comfortable with the adults. Infact, I've been really noticing how he just opens right up so some people lately. He's all into babies, and gets along well with adults. Sounds kind of what I was like growing up. I remember being so nervous around people my own age, but with younger kids I did so well and with adults I did well too. I think I'm still like this in a way. But it worries me about Jacob.

Anyway, after everyone else left we stayed around for a while longer. And then...Jacob told me to get my camera out and take some pictures! He was telling me what shots to take, from what angle...oh my God junior photographer! Then...then...he told me to take a picture of him! He hasn't let me do that in a long time. He was all agreeable and cute and then wanted one with me. So we took the above picture with the timer. It was so pleasant being with him. He's letting me cuddle with him again, he actually wants to go places with me even while Daddy stays at home! I don't think I realized how much I missed him. It must have been a defense mechanism. On our trip I was all cool about it and laid back. But I think if I'd really stopped to experience what it felt like, it would have been pretty painful.

It's great having him back though! Tomorrow we're berry picking with the moms and Jacob has agreed to go! He's not telling me he has a job or anything. I glad we're finally on the upswing out of this stage. Phew!

In other news, Ginger had her surgery today. She's spending the night there, and that is best. Tomorrow Mango will go up to the grandparents so Ginger can get some nice rest. After her stitches come out we'll head up to camp for some physical therapy on the hip. The doctor called here himself afterwards and he said everything went well, but it was a very difficult surgery. He poked around for that bullet that's still in there, but he had to stop short of finding it. He did remove massive amounts of tissue that had formed around the femoral head and then took off the top of the bone that was digging into her pelvis. I feel so bad for Ginger, yet I'm so relieved that I could cry! This was another thing I didn't realize I was so uptight about until the cause for concern had passed. Could it be I have developed some internal gauge that keeps my worry/fear in check? I was definitely not as freaked out as I should have been when we were on our trip. And now that we are home, I am seeing all these stories in the news about the exact places we had been. And the things that happen, are the exact fears that I have (admittedly I have a lot of fears). Remember me writing about the Gateway Arch? Two days after we had been there and the fear of getting stuck up in that thing prevented me from going inside it, 200 people did get stuck. Now I read about a bridge in Minnesota collapsing. That's one of my biggies. Now I don't know if it's a bridge that we were necessarily even near, but still. Bridges freak me out.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines