Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The quality of my life just got exponentally better.

The addition is done. Well, sort of. But done enough that it's livable and fully functional. Just the finishing touches now. But any homeowner knows that the finishing touches never end. Right? However, we've moved the stuff in, I'm unpacking boxes and shit is finally getting clean.

We keep remarking how we finally live in a real house! It's not just this long, narrow hall-like room. It goes in a circle! I always wanted to live in a house that goes in a circle. It looks awesome. My fine specimen of a husband did such a wonderful job.

We (all of us) have been literally running circles through the house. I am not kidding. At random points during the day Jacob and I just break into sprints around the house, with Mango at our feet barking her head off. Zach even gets into it too. It's great!

'Where are the pictures?' you might be wondering. Well, if you know us well enough to know where we live, c'mon over and see it. We're really proud and want to show it off. If not, you'll have to wait a while yet. I stopped posting pictures of the progress a while ago because it got to be like a 'watched pot' you know? I was following it too closely and it was never gonna boil with me breathing down the neck of its progress like that. So I said I wouldn't post pictures again til the addition was done. In my official book I'm calling it done, so I really should just be taking the pictures now. Unfortunately I missed that small window of opportunity between where the walls were painted and clean and furniture was starting to be moved in, and the stage where the crap started to get moved in and covered up all the 'nice' of it. So now I've got to wait for some more of those finishing touches to be done before I do pictures.

I also have to add to the quality of life part by saying that things in general have been so great. The friends have been great, the family, the weather. I jumped right back into hanging out with all the moms when we got home from the trip and can I just say that I am in love with these women. All of them, they ways we are different, the ways we are alike, the stories we share and the history we have in common, however long or short a time that may be, the funny things that happen when we're out and about, the way we look out for each other's kids. Zach and I have seen Jen and Dan, and Danielle and Steve and loved every minute of it. A lot of it has been spontaneous stuff and that's the best way to do it; no expectations. My sister has even been nice to me! Now that's just weird. We went to a park for a Children's concert tonight and I knew half the people there. Not like I was just around the corner from my house either. We live in kind of a big area so I'm always thrilled to run into people I know like that. It just gave the night such a community feel.

Well, beach tomorrow, berry picking on Thursday and jam-making on Friday. Woohoo! And I almost forgot! Ginger is having her surgery tomorrow (today) - ha, in like five hours and I am still awake. Do you think one of these days I might get caught up on all the computer stuff? Yeah, so, surgery tomorrow. Then when we bring her home on Thursday I will be a happy camper because it means we will have sent Mango up to her grandparent's house for a week or so. She's absolutely relentless with the way she play-fights (attacks) with Ginger. She won't leave her alone. Probably the reason Ginger's hip got so aggravated in the first place.

Excuse the rambling nature of this post...the sun is about to come up and I am delirious with sleep deprivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines