Sunday, December 09, 2007

The things that come outta his mouth.

Last night we were getting ready to leave the house and Jacob wanted a certain winter hat. "You know, the one with the meatball on the top," he said motioning to the top of his head. I knew what he was talking about but it was an odd way of describing it, especially for a vegetarian. I searched and searched but couldn't find it.

I asked Jacob if he knew where it was. "Uh...I musta left it in with Pilchard's cat toys."

"So like, where would one find Pilchard's cat toys?"

"Oh, they're probably all mixed in with Scruffty's leashes."

And if I only knew where Pilchard and Scruffty kept their things I might just discover the land of missing objects.

Zach doesn't have to paint this morning, nor does he have to go to work. It's rare that he spends a whole day at home with us. At 9am Jacob sat bolt up in bed and yelled, "Zachhh!!" Zach didn't answer right away so Jacob said, "This is interesting, Daddy said he was gonna stay home all day today!" Then Zach came upstairs and Jacob was so friggin happy to have us both there in bed with him. He wrapped one arm around each of our necks and wouldn't let us get up for 10 minutes.

He was so excited that even when the ambulance siren blared by, Jacob waved his arm in the air and said, "Ah...I'm not gonna answer that one."

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger emmay said...

Meatball on top...I love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines