Sunday, January 13, 2008

Perhaps a trade?

I've just been over to Stacey's blog and I see this. It's hard to believe such a staple wouldn't be available in stores anymore, but I do believe it because when we were on our trip out west I found some things in the stores that I haven't been able to find around here. Seems like the place I lucked out at most was Safeway. I can't remember all the things I found, but one was Smuckers Simply Fruit, which I can no longer find anywhere around here.

One that I have never been able to find anywhere around here, but I found in South Dakota is the kind of coffee filter in the exact specifications I have always wanted. I have a small coffee maker, so I need the 4-cup, basket style filters, and I want them unbleached. For some reason they just don't make that size in that style in anything but bleached. Except at the Safeway in SD. I bought a couple of packages and have now used them up. I remember when I first came home from the trip and told Jamie about it, he remarked that I should have gotten more of them (he, too, is mystified by our inability to locate them). So at Christmastime I was thinking I would look them up on the internet and buy a whole box of them for him for Christmas. I must have spent two or three hours cumulative on trying to locate basket-style, 4-cup size unbleached coffee filters. Apparently they don't exist. I even got on the Safeway website to see if I could order them from there but the website would not even let me in without a zip code. I put in the zip code belonging to the town in which I got the original coffee filters and it still wouldn't let me in. I actually started a post about it because I was so frustrated and thought maybe somebody out there in Blogland might have some insight.

Anyway, that's the story behind my hard-to-find item...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger BlueSunshine said...

I hear they sell Ziti up north from here. I have checked and specifically asked at 16 grocery stores, including Super Stores. Nada. I have it mailed to my by friends and my mother. Pat sent this last batch for Christmas. It is just unreal that they don't have it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines