Wednesday, January 02, 2008

While I'm on the subject of complaining...

Who in their right mind would want to spend the change of years in Time Square watching the ball drop? The TV was on for a while and I overheard the commentators say that there are 1 million people packed in there. Nevermind that it's like a terrorism target, but why would someone want to stand there for up to 24 hours (they also said that the people in the front row had to get there at 2am) just to see a giant ball drop? What about eating, drinking, going to the bathroom, sitting down? What about being cold, body odors, being bored, and...what about being touched and bumped into by all those PEOPLE!!! Ugh. Crowds freak me out. There's not much more that I hate than being squished in with gaggles of people and all the annoying things that come along with that.

Either I am just way too uptight (which is highly likely) or there are 1 million people more crazy than me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only would I not want to go there, but I think it is deadly dull to watch it on TV. It's a ball... dropping.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger xmas said...

Yeah, I know! I definitely fell asleep watching the bit I did well before the ball dropped.

Good to hear from you!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I would totally go to Times Square for New Years. Just once. Just to actually *know* what it's like rather than just speculating!!!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger xmas said...

I totally don't believe you at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines