Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Week 30

Today when we walked into the vet's office the girl at the counter exclaimed, "Whoa, you haven't popped yet?"

"Um...no, I actually have a couple more months to go," I told her. She's not the only one who's been making comments like that though, lots of people have. A few weeks ago the obnoxious mom at gymnastics asked me (in all seriousness) if I was really sure that there was only one in there. I'm really starting to wish I didn't have a couple more months. And I'm really starting to wonder if maybe there is something more in there.

This baby moves so much. It moves more hours of the day than not. And constantly. For instance, right now it's still going strong after four hours of activity. It's non-stop, I'm not exaggerating. I think it's trying to punch it's way through my gut or something. I started feeling the baby move at 16 weeks, much earlier than I felt Jacob. At 18 weeks Zach and Jacob could feel it from the outside, and at 20 weeks you could actually see my stomach moving around. I feel it move in several different places at once, as if it's got all limbs stretched out in every which way. That's another thing - whatever happened to the fetal position? Curl up dammit.

I'm trying to think how all this could add up to just one baby. That's going to be one active, non-sleeping baby. Or a pair of conspiring babies. "Hey, you sleep for a couple hours, I'll kick the crap out of Mom for a bit, then we'll switch. Tomorrow you can take the night shift."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if there were SOME pictures...others of us living across the country could see some of what you're referring to!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger xmas said...

My flickr page...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines