Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Recess

March 19th:

School is out, at least for me, and I am so excited to finally have the time to catch up on things. I passed, and that is enough, and if nothing else the experience has temporarily reminded me to be grateful for the new scheduling freedom I have now.

The first thing I did when I finished my last paper this weekend was pick up the one of the books I'd been using for my paper and read it cover to cover. I had it for a few years but never got around to reading it; Our Babies, Ourselves, by Meredith Small. I loved this book. And I read up on the author and I think I love her. I'm talking love on the level that I love Jane Goodall.

Sunday was the day I got to be lazy, and I earned it. Except for working out and proving that I can still do push-ups at six months pregnant, I pretty much caught up on sleep and cleaned the house. I couldn't wait to clean the house!

Monday started the week that is bursting full of activities. First we took Ginger to the vet, where we are now dropping her off and picking her up three times a week for her physical therapy. Then we met up with some mom/kid friends at a play place.

Tuesday we had a morning activity at someone's house then we visited Zach at work for a good, long hour or more because this is the time of year we don't see him unless we go to his work and hunt him down. We came home, did some more cleaning and stuff, then I got tired so I put a video on for Jacob and sat down to start the book club book for this month. Oh. My. God.

I didn't put that book down until 2am when I'd read through all 400 pages of it. And I did that all while being the sole caregiver to a four year old, two dogs and three rabbits. That's how into this book I was. It was one of those experiences where you walk around in a trance, making dinner, sitting at the table to keep your kid company at meal time, ushering him up to the bath, pulling out pajamas, reading bedtime stories - all with one eye still on the book.

March 26th:

And then I didn't get a chance to write anything for a whole week. I read the sequel to Blackbird - Still Waters in as many hours as it took me to read the first one, and it was just as good. Now I'm in the middle of the third book, Show Me the Way. We met for the book club today, talked about the book, and then got down to business and talked about LOST. I am more than obsessed with it this year. I have been a dedicated LOST fan since the very beginning, and I've kept at it even when it was boring. Now it's finally paying off and the show is getting good. Except now we have to wait until April 24th for more episodes - five more to be exact, and then we have to wait nine more months for the next season!

Anyway, I haven't gotten very much done on my to-do list that I was so anxious to get to when my class first ended. I realized that even though I'm not spending time on the class, Jacob is no longer spending great amounts of time at my mom's house and so I don't have several hours to myself every couple days.

Well, I'd better get to my to-do list on this rare evening that Zach is home.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines