Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Great Egg Hunt

Where have all the Cadbury eggs gone? In my mind they are the traditional Easter candy - even though most people I know think they are nasty. It's what I remember from all my Easters growing up. This year I had wanted to put a Cadbury egg in Jacob's Easter basket so I looked for them in the stores well before Easter. I never had any luck finding them, but I figured that I could definitely find them just as easily after the holiday was over because there is always tons of leftover Easter crap for 75% off.

I'll tell you, I have looked in over a dozen different stores in the past week and a half. I haven't found a single Cadbury egg - well that's not true, I did find two in the discount bin at Price Chopper just after Easter. One was half unwrapped and the other had a bite mark in it! I declined purchasing either of those, but since my search has widened so much I'm thinking maybe I should have settled for them. Actually, I have found a decent amount of the nasty caramel ones, but I want the original. Is that so much to ask for? With it being almost two weeks out from Easter I think I'm going to call 'uncle' on this one...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose it's a touch too late this year, but did you check drugstores?

My mother adores original Cadbury eggs; I always stock up for her Easter basket at either Walgreens or CVS.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger xmas said...

Oh yes...pretty much every chain that exists in this area. A few different CVS's. One day I took advantage of being kid-less and stopped into four places. I imagined surveillance cameras tracking me from store to store wondering what the heck I was doing. The only place I didn't get to was the dollar stores...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines