Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What puke looks like


I can't remember what the context of this conversation was, but two days ago Jacob asked what puke looks like. I don't know where that question came from, but I think he said puke. He might have said 'Fro up'. Anyway, while I was making dinner that same day he kept himself busy in the bathroom with a little project of his own. He had a bowl, the water from the sink and then he came into the kitchen and asked me for some ingredients. I gave him an old box of baking soda but that was all I could spare. Then a few minutes later he came into the kitchen and asked for a banana. I asked him why and he said it was to eat. I told him ok but he'd have to eat it in front of me in the kitchen. Jacob opened it and took a few bites to appease me and then with my suspicion assuaged, he must have crept out of the kitchen and got down to business in the bathroom.

After he'd gone to bed that night I went into the bathroom and saw the 'creation'. Until then I hadn't realized he didn't finish the banana in front of me. That little creep knew enough to fake it by eating a few bites before using it for its intended purpose. It was all mushed up floating in the bowl of water and the baking soda was laying at the bottom. It struck me that it was exactly what puke looks like. So I thought I'd wait until the morning and show Jacob and we could have a good laugh about it. I moved it to the stove. Last night it was still on the stove. I had finally gotten around to taking a picture of it, but still hadn't dumped it. Zach walked into the kitchen, saw it and asked if 'we' could get rid of it now. "Sure," I told him "Go ahead and dump it." And that was all I heard from him. I guess he decided it wasn't worth the effort, either that or by 'we' he meant ME.

So this would technically be day 3. The gunk is still there on the stove and I am not touching it. It has become one of my little experiments. I am leaving early in the morning and will be back late Friday night. My money is on Zach will still not have dumped it by the time we get back. It looks even more nasty than it did when I took the picture, and if it's still there on Friday I'll take another picture and start documenting my experiment on a daily basis.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I'm getting pretty good at this. I saw this picture on flickr and wondered what it was. It then occurred to me that this was the kind of thing that there would definitely be a blog about, so I came here. Sure enough!!

Well, I remember making really gross concoctions like this when I was little. I always pretended like I was making magical potions though. The only difference is that I would actually consume them...ick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines