Saturday, April 12, 2008

Parking Woes

Today I made a quick trip to the grocery store. This is me pulling in the parking space: I go slow and make a wide turn so that I park directly in the middle of the two yellow lines. Before I turn off the engine I open the car door and peak my head out to make sure I'm not over the line and I'm not crooked. What? That's not normal?

I gather up my stuff and I'm reaching for the door handle to open it and step out. A black car with all tinted windows (read: ass hole) comes flying into the parking spot to my left and comes to a halting stop about six inches from my car. "Are you freakin serious?!" I scream from the inside of my car, but it's no use, the driver is already on his way into the store. I try to open my door but the small gap it provides is not enough for me and my stomach to fit through at the same time. The car is crooked and partially in my parking spot. I have to back out and re-adjust so that I can open the door enough to get out.

For half a second I considered trying to fully open my door anyway, and, oops, slamming it into his car. It's not that difficult to park straight and it's a whole lot more considerate. If I'd seen the driver of the car I would have said something, but he was already gone when I left the store so I'm reduced to writing about it here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger emmay said...

I soooo would have cracked my door right into his...I hate people who think they have the right to park any damn way they please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines