Sunday, April 13, 2008

Maybe it really is genetic

Zach is forever forgetting to turn off the stove and/or the oven. The times he actually remembers are far and few between. I tell him he's going to burn down the house someday. He's generally forgetful like that about most things and he tries to blame it on genetics - there's someone in particular who usually ends up getting the blame for the bad gene.

So today my mother-in-law was over here helping Jacob transplant his little plants that they started from seeds. It's their little project together. Then Zach came home from painting and I made him a grilled cheese. Jacob didn't want one until the moment I sat down. He gave me the pouty face and I was all "You just told me you wouldn't eat one!" So Jan (Zach's mom) offered to make the sandwich for Jacob - which she then did.

Maybe 15 minutes later when everyone was done with lunch Zach and I cleared the table we were walking into the kitchen and felt a scalding heat emanating from one side of the kitchen. I looked over and saw that the front burner was still on medium and the pan had been set to the back to cool. I nudged Zach and pointed it out. He reached over to turn it off and we both started cracking up. "I told you, she does that all the time," he said. Good thing Jacob appears to have gotten the bulk of his genes from my side.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines