Sunday, December 21, 2008

Verizon

After nine days without telephone and internet, Verizon just stopped by and hooked us back up. We were part of that big ice storm in the northeast last week. We actually only lost power for 14 hours, but most of the people we know lost it for at least three days. My mom had no power for over five days.

So Verizon left a message on Zach's cell phone telling us that someone had to be home on Saturday when they stopped by to fix our lines. They said they might be by anytime from 7am-5pm. We're already behind on Christmas preparations because of the ice storm, then there was a snow storm on Friday, so that ruled out the possibility of getting any shopping done. Yesterday was the one day we could have gotten things done, but we weren't allowed to leave the house. Do you think Verizon showed up? No.

Now that we have the internet back I'm hoping to get all my pictures uploaded and post a few blogs I didn't get around to finishing before the power outage. If things go my way today, I'll get a bunch of that done.

Anyway, they came this morning and the guy stepped right in a little pond we have tucked into the corner of a landscaped area of the house. He went in knee-deep and was soaked. So I guess we're even.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Goldstein Gazette said...

That sounds fair to me. We canceled our DSL with them because they could never manage to find a reasonable time to come when we'd be home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines