Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh Baby, The Places You'll Go

Think we have a climber on our hands? That's the top of the couch and Sabine got up there all by herself yesterday morning. Today she actually hung from the window with her feet hanging in the air for a second. It only took her ten months of life to figure out that vertical is the way to go. And this is exactly the way Jacob was. This is the way he still is. Both our kids do things that are way too old for them. Jacob walks around like he owns the place. The other day a friend was saying that her five year old doesn't answer the phone yet. "I just haven't thought to have him do that yet," she explained.

It wasn't like we ever decided to start having Jacob answer the phone, he just took it upon himself. I wrote a while back about how Jacob and I sound alike on the phone. It's only gotten worse since then. Pretty much everyone who calls here is confused by whether or not it's me on the phone. Even my own mother has done it. My. Own. Mother.

Anyway, I realized that there is so much I left out of Sabine's monthly post, like the way she crawls around with something in her hands at all times. It's mostly socks. Usually her socks, but as time has gone on she's less discriminating. It can be someone else's socks. It can be a spoon, or a random toys, or the bottle of vanilla from the kitchen cupboard. Anything. But she just always has to have something in her hands when she's crawling around.

I also realized that the reason I started the monthly posts was because there was so much random stuff I was writing about Jacob, and I needed one place to put it all. I didn't want you all reading this to be bored out of your skull having to read a story about Jacob every other day which I thought was funny, but you probably couldn't care less about. Another thing though, Jacob was a few years old before I started writing those posts. If he was a baby when I was writing my blog then there would have (rightly so) been a story every day. So Sabine is just too young, changing too fast, to only write about her like that once a month. I'm just going to have to do it more often for the time being because otherwise I miss too much stuff. Plus this way, I have an excuse to post all those cute pictures.

So here's yesterday at a friend's house. It was funny to see Sabine crawl up to the slide and think she could climb up it like all the big kids. We were like, "Aw, isn't that cute, she wants to climb it too. Let's watch her try and fall on her face." And she was all, "Watch this suckers!" And made it on the first try.




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines