Thursday, April 01, 2010

And she does the laundry too!

To keep Sabine occupied while I'm doing laundry, I encourage her to help me with the laundry. I've been gradually training her in the art of housework since she could walk. Finally, it is beginning to pay off. Just the other day she completed an entire laundry transfer ALL BY HERSELF. She took all the diapers out of the washer, placed them in the dryer, double-checked that she had them all out of the washer, then closed the dryer, set it and hit the start button. I SWEAR TO GOD. And all I had to do was open the washer for her. If I could find my video camera charger I would have taken a video to prove it.








Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Jenny said...

Let me know when she can fold, I've got some laundry she can come help me with...

Jenny

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

So...when did the ole gender neutral philosophy go out the window? I expect her to be playing football by May. j/k

So, my current iPod shoots video. I say "current" because this is my 5th one in about 2 and a half year's time. Speaking of...you will also need to teach her how to check pockets before loading the washing machine when she gets to that point...ha, ha.

Anyway, we should both just upgrade our cameras to a D-90 because they shoot video as well. The less gadgets the better, I say...

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger xmas said...

As you know, Jacob also does the laundry, and he cooks, cleans, etc. Sabine will do these same things, I'm sure, but also loves digging in the dirt and tools, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines