Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hat Trick

She knows. She knows we are leaving. She knows we are leaving so she snuck upstairs, while I was in the shower, to retrieve the hat which I have now decided will be the hat to replace the hat that replaced thee hat and proceeded to carry it back down the stairs to her ‘spot’ on the carpet, whereupon she took to shredding it. Do you have to ask who I am talking about?

We are driving to Niagara Falls late this afternoon and will be back in 48 hours. This is not so bad. In the time we’ve had the dogs we’ve taken them traveling with us for long weekends and only left them overnight one night. But apparently is it bad enough for Mango that she had to take it out on another one of my hats. She hasn’t chewed anything inappropriate in at least a couple months, and a few hours before we are due to leave Mango chews me hat. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

The trip takes six hours, so basically, we’re going to be driving 1/4 of the time we are gone. But it will be worth it because Zach and his friend are going to the NCAA basketball championship games and during that time Jacob and I will be visiting with our very good friends (whom we are also staying with). And then, when it is all said and done, I will have this as leverage (“You spent how much on the tickets? ”) within my marriage.

Anyway, I’d better finish packing before Mango pulls anymore tricks with my luggage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines