Saturday, March 10, 2007

I think I may have found the answer!

The answer to my issues with Mango, that is. Mostly it is that she has an unquenchable desire for attention. If it was something I could give her for a certain amount of time each day, then maybe it would be realistic, but Mango's neediness is unending. Even when I'm trying to give her some love, she's still jumping around, doing the things that she does in order to get you to look at her in the first place. If she'd just hold still she would realize that I'm right there, waiting to administer what she so desperately wants. But by they time I get her butt planted to the ground and her face squished up against something (so she can't lick me), we both lose interest.

Mango is like this huge brute who simply cannot be civilized. She has the strength of a horse and uses it to bully her mom, access the kitchen counter, and chew the shit out of everything in sight. I will say that she's gotten better at recognizing what is hers to chew and what is off-limits. We've come a long way from the days when I was afraid to open the front door after a few hours away. I bought her two new toys a couple days ago; toys that I thought would take months to chew apart. Within a few hours the cat had been lobodomized with scraps of stuffing scattered around the house, and today the canvas-like robes that stick out either side of the rubber tube thing have been offed one by one.

Anyway, the answer to this unending reserve of energy can be found here in this video. And here's where I found it. I get these daily e-mails, they're great tips for green living. I don't ever write much about the 'green' side of my life, but it's there all the time, and I guess has become so integrated in my life that I don't really distinguish it anymore. Just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines