Thursday, March 08, 2007

One Last Pity Party

Also at the mall, I stopped by Best Buy to see about the video camera. First of all, it took 10 minutes and two trips to the service counter to get anyone to help me. I've only been in Best Buy a handful of times, and I always had the same experience. Anyway, I had in my mind that I could just get a converter tape to fit the VHS and we could watch the videos of the past year+. Our last video camera was a VHS-C so you can understand where I was coming from. Our recently deceased video camera was a Hi8 (8mm) and the guy explained why they can't be converted like that. At the time it actually made sense to me, but I couldn't repeat exactly why. So basically to watch the videos you have to have the camera to plug into the VCR. He said they advise that you back up your tapes onto VHS or DVD when you're done recording on each one. Well thanks, now I know. There are also 8mm players that you can buy just for the purpose of playing them. He said I could probably get one used for $60-$80. I don't think that's worth it to watch only one year's worth of videos. So I'm at the point where I'm most likely going to pay to have someone (I hear Walmart does it for $19.99...haha) transfer the videos...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines