Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Lied

OK, I know I said I was done writing about the sleep, but here's one more installment in the 'Sleep Saga', as one of my friends put it yesterday. I just have to write about this because it's too damn funny not to share. I can't guarantee it will be funny to you though and I can't guarantee this will be the last of the sleep stuff. It is bound to become the Sleep Epic one of these days because, well, that's the story of my life, right?

Thursday (still today) morning Jacob woke me at 8:30 and I told him to go back to sleep because he'd been up late. He didn't fall back asleep, but I guess I did because 30 minutes later I bolted up in bed out of a cold, dead sleep when I heard the front door open ever so gently. It was just Zach, home from an early meeting at work to finish up the sheetrocking real quick before Andy stopped by to start taping an spackling. But it's nice to know I have such awesomely honed mothering instincts. Just try to come in this house and take my kid. Drop a pin and that's the end of it.

I didn't know it, but after I fell back asleep Jacob had gone downstairs. When I was jolted out of sleep and ran downstairs as fast as I could, I found Jacob naked, except for a diaper, and laying under the covers on the couch. Zach and I thought this was just hilarious. He was just hanging out on the couch. No TV, no messes, no evidence of him freely rummaging through the cupboards for the chocolate he must know by now I always have hidden.

Later on I asked Jacob about the morning and he told me that he came down off the bed, down the stairs so I wouldn't hear him, then played for a while, got on the couch and wrestled with Baby Tigger and then layed down for a little rest. I can't get over this. But did you catch the funny part? He wrestled with Baby Tigger. WTF? Can you just picture that? I'm trying to and it's the funniest damn thing I can imagine. I would have never guessed kids actually did stuff like that out of the pure pleasure of it, I thought for sure it was strictly put on for an audience.

I wish we had survielance cameras.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger VW said...

Very funny and very cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines