Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sew Productive

Things got done around here this weekend for a change! The boys painted. Two rooms are done being painted, now they just need trim. Oh yeah, and floors. Then there's another room to be painted, and floors to be put in there too. Then Zach has to repaint a couple rooms that connect with the addition. Oh geeze, the more I list, the bigger the job seems. There is no way this is going to be even close to done before we leave. Here's a big fat hint for all you local people: I'll hide a key for you outside, give you the exact dates we'll be gone...do whatever you want, just don't do any painting. Zach is a perfectionist with his painting. I've already tipped off my mom and Jamie that three weeks out of town is the perfect time for our existing hardwood floors to be redone...haha.

Jacob's been painting too. This is the box that his digger came in. But Chris, try not to look at the right-hand side of the picture. If there are any questions as to my meaning, please direct them to my husband. That's Jacob's smock, or one of my old shirts, and apparently now his 'painting shoes' that he's wearing.

And here's what I did on Saturday night. I made an outfit! Rather, I turned some winter clothes into summer clothes. Thanks to 7th grade home ec. and all those pillows we made, I do know how to use a sewing machine, but I want to learn how to make clothes. I have all these creative urges ready to bust out of me, and not much in the way of outlets. I have all these piles of clothes that I have plans for: Capris out of these overalls from high school; short sleeve shirts out of Jacob's winter shirts because by next fall they'll be too short on his arms; shorts out of his 2T pants because they just stopped falling down off his little butt, but his legs are too long for them now. This way I don't have to spent money on new clothes, which is good because all our money has been put into this house.

My mother-in-law was here over the weekend and she brought her sewing machine. She showed me just enough to get started and then I couldn't be stopped. When I'm done altering all the things in waiting, I want to figure out how to make clothes...I know I could learn the right way, but to me that doesn't feel as 'creative'. We'll see.

So here's Jacob posing in his 'new' outfit. He told me he was so proud of me! In this first one I tried to pose him a little. And then for the one below, he made up his own little pose and insisted I take a picture. He got very into it...

Oh, and here's you link, Kevin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Nice pun on that title. By the way, I didn't even need the link. I noticed--and no, I don't know why I didn't even think of this before--that you have it linked over in your little links section just to the right of this.....

By the way, I think I need to go to bed now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines