Tuesday, July 24, 2007

An actual conversation we just had

"Mommy, I can't come with you to the beach tomorrow because I have a job to go to."

"Well your job will have to wait til we are done at the beach."

"But Muck is coming to pick me up in the morning and I have to go to the worksite!"

"Jacob, enough! Our activities come first and when you are done with those obligations you can go to your jobs with Muck!"

"Noooo! I have to help Bob with the pot ho-oles!"

"You're just going to have to call Bob and tell him you can't go to the worksite tomorrow because your mother is making you go to the beach. And that's the end of it!"


This is what we go through every damn time we have a place to be. The conversation has become so common and Jacob is so insistent, that it's actually made me believe it's true.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines