Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Instigator

Stella called up this morning at 8:30. She needed some milk because the jug she had just bought at the store is sour. So she came over and I filled her cup. It's actually the first time I've seen her since we've been back. I don't know why she wasn't over sooner, and I didn't have time to investigate.

Well before we left for our trip I made sure to convey to Stella that my cousin who was going to be house-sitting and taking care of the rabbits loves to talk (couldn't be further from the truth). I also told Stella that she particularly likes to hear old-time stories, etc. You're welcome, Kate.

Anyway, when Stella was over this morning she got a sneaky look on her face and started to tell me about how the day after we left a whole bunch people came over, parked their cars overnight, and didn't say hi back when she said hi to them. Then, in the morning, they all left, but not before brining out huge garbage bags and filling our can to the brim with the bags. Now I hadn't had my coffee yet, so I just kept looking at her with my brow furrowed and my head cocked to the side. "Are you sure?" I asked. She told me yes. "Then how come you're smirking?" She just kept on telling me it was true.

Then I made coffee and brought it on out to the RV where some of the extended family spent the night (my mom and Jamie really did have a sleepover with Jacob in the RV on the last night we'll have it). I told them them what Stella said and as the caffeine began to reach my brain, all the details of her story started falling around themselves. For instance, our garbage was full to the brim of scrap construction materials when we left...

Why the instigating?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines