Thursday, January 17, 2008

"A Person with Kids Lives Here"

That's the headline I feel like I've just declared to the people to whom I'm mailing a very important document. My schoolwork is done for the day and as my last act before I collapse into bed was (because now I am back on the computer) going to be sealing up this envelope with the contents enclosed that I was waiting for a witness to sign. I turned it over to lick the envelope and there was smeared, dried glitter all over the back. The glitter prevented proper 'sealing' to take place so I went to the drawer for the roll of tape. I pulled out a piece, stuck it on, and then examined my handy work. There are at least half a dozen dog hairs plastered under the stuck-on tape.

Some days there is just no hiding the true nature of your life. I expect if it were next year at this time that letter would be going out with some kind of bodily fluid applied to it (and I'm not talking the saliva used to lick it) - baby poo, breast milk, blood of some sort...there's no getting around it. These are the hallmarks of motherhood. And suddenly I can see what the next 15 years of my life look like.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines