Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Apparently my kid's not the only one...

The last couple times I've seen Beckie, she's reported that her boys have been pretend playing with me as the main character. I think it started with a balloon and one of them stuffing it under their shirt and walking around like they were pregnant, saying "I'm Stacey!" And then the other followed suit. After that it was with grapes at lunch (as in we were the grapes) and Zach and Jacob got parts in the play too. They were pretending to be our whole family...but other than that I'm sketchy on the details because I was laughing too hard at the time to hear the rest.

When your kids do something cute and funny, you naturally tell people about it...and since little pitchers have big ears, the kids tend to tune in when they're being talked about. And you know what happens when an adult finds something funny...the kids tent to repeat it. So I guess it's become a game now, a thing. Jacob is no longer the only kid in our immediate world who makes up crazy stuff about creatures (real or fake) because Nate and Harry play pretend Stacey games all the time. And if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I'll take that as a compliment!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines