Saturday, January 26, 2008

Freedom of Speech

So this week my mom and Jamie have been watching Jacob a lot for me so I can get school work done. Zach's been in and out of the house a couple times while Jacob was gone and we got to talk. I think we communicated more in those five minute stints than we usually do in an entire month. We could talk without distraction or interruptions, and I realized the main thing is that we could openly swear. This is a big thing for me...I am a big swearer and I've spent the last 4+ years trying (without always succeeding) to suppress this. Without having to repress every fifth word I want to use, the flow of conversation came so much more naturally. Isn't that awful? Anyway, it gave us some insight into what kind of a couple we would be without children. Much more calm, clear-minded, intelligent people, but not half as good as being Jacob's parents.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Yeah, we sometimes get those glimmers too. Harder now with two kids who tag-team us, but more likely now that the younger one can drink from a sippy cup - means we can leave him at Grandma's along with his brother, and go out on a real date (rather than just a quick trip to the coffee shop around the corner)!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger xmas said...

Yeah, it's weird...you end up feeling like a completely different person. I often wonder if Zach and I had lived together as a couple before Jacob was born, if that would change the dynamic of how we are with each other. It's almost as if we don't know how to be with each other without Jacob in our presence.

Hope you've been well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines