Thursday, February 28, 2008

Inner Child

Well, despite my complaints winter is not going away just yet. It just keeps dumping snowfall after snowfall on us, mixed in with occasional freezing rain, and then just for a tease, every couple weeks we have a day where it's like 50 degrees. It's nice out for a few minutes and you think maybe this is it, the worst has passed, but all the warm day really amounts to is melted snow (which re-freezes that night, once again leaving your driveway a sheet of ice) and a good reason to hate the cold all that much more.

I'm trying hard to get through it though, and this week I've even been trying to embrace the cold. Along the way I tapped into my inner child too. I've been forcing myself to get outside and do stuff with Jacob. It's better than the alternative, which is being inside listening to his screams bounce off the walls because he has cabin fever of the worst kind.


Construction worker snowman (I did this one all by myself)

This one was a family effort - Jacob called it
the fat belly snowman and added something
resembling a goiter to the midsection.


Sledding

Ice skating in the back yard on the sheet of ice

Cross country skiing in the backyard



More ice pictures. Duh.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines