Wednesday, March 05, 2008

We're those people now...

This post is from back in the fall when I was in my first trimester and started posts only to get too tired to finish them. I hate having drafts in my folder so I'm trying to weed them all out by either posting them or deleting them. Not that it's even relevant anymore but my post about Ginger the other day got me thinking about this one. I think this was supposed to go in with the post about Mango opening the trash cans...
--------------------------------------------------
Mango usually directs her assaults at me and Jacob, so that's why I was surprised this morning when I heard Zach's exclamations as he was walking down the stairs, headed for the kitchen. I thought maybe she was chewing his hat, or maybe a paint brush, he was so mad. But she swallowed whole the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. It was a sandwich. The sandwich he had just made for himself to take to the paint job he was on the way out the door to. Mango had jumped up to the counter and snatched it. I generally tend to apply a great many psychological implications to the things she decides to chew, so my head is really spinning as to why she would chew/eat something of Zach's. But then again, I also like to think of Mango as an opportunist, albeit not a smart one, but in this case I need to remind myself that sometimes, to a dog, a sandwich really is just a sandwich.

The sandwich incident is merely another offense to add to the list in a long line of misdeeds and crude behavior she's been exhibiting recently. It's like Mango's experiencing a revival of her puppyhood. She's been so obnoxious lately, what with jumping all over people at the front door and barking at every little sound. There is the trash can opening that I wrote about before. And a recent obsession with the squirrel who frequents our yard. Mango stands at the sliding glass door that opens into the backyard all day long just waiting for the little visitor. Then when she sees the squirrel she goes berserk, racing all around the house and barking, looking for a human to let her outside. She never catches the darn thing, but we love to stand there at the door, almost opening it, egging her on to go get it. Then we open the door to unleash the beast and she goes flying across the yard faster than I thought was possible of her.

So anyway, we're those people now. The ones with the crazy dog who is out of control and has to be put away when the guests come.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines