Thursday, April 24, 2008

Signs of Spring

Spring is upon us. Actually, it's been so warm it's more like summer, except that is was just a couple weeks ago that we had snow. Weird. Here's some pictures from around the yard yesterday. Kori, if you're reading this you might want to skip any of the pictures after the first three flowers!

Tulip

Red Tulip

Too pretty to be a weed

I named him Harry

He enjoyed climbing on the bunnies' playpen

Someone's lunch

Lost and found


And last but not least, the really nasty tick that was on Zach this morning...

I told him it was the most embedded tick I've ever seen. It was really in there. It's a deer tick (the kind that can transmit Lyme Disease) so it's being analyzed now and Zach will find out tomorrow if he needs to go on antibiotics. What would spring be in the northeast without a good tick scare?

Oh, and the one thing that I didn't get a picture of...the floater(ie, mouse) in the baby pool that sits in the back yard full of leaves and green water. Ginger had a romp in it today so I went back to investigate the conditions of the pool. And there is was. Oh yuck. I almost spewed all over the place. My mom was here at the time and she's even worse about stuff like that, so I told her that I wish Stella was here. Stella wouldn't be afraid of it. She'd come right over and pull that thing out with her bare hand. But we've got word that she'll be back from the long winter in just a couple days. Jacob is more excited about that than Christmas!

We're heading up north in the morning and won't be back until Sunday. I'm hoping when we get home she'll already be here. Kind of like when you get up to go to the bathroom in a restaurant and when you come back to the table your food has arrived.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ick. ticks. But the spiders, I get you. We're still waiting for some spiders here because the it keep snowing. We usually have a pet one through the spring, summer, and fall.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger VW said...

You are a braver woman than me - pictures of bugs. OI! I am from the north - small bugs - I now live in the south - big bugs. Really big. I'm a brave woman in the face of most things but bugs . . .

My son is currently into ladybugs - those are ok.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger xmas said...

Yeah, are one of the few things I'm NOT neurotic about. The tick pictures though, they kind of freak me out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines