Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 6

My apologies. What I had previously referred to as 'glop' Jacob has informed me is actually Banana Soup. I had been wondering.

For your viewing pleasure is a visual of the current status:

Day 6: The floating things on the top of the
liquid part are taking on some sort of gel-like
consistency. As a whole, the concoction is
becoming somewhat homogeneous.

Last night when we were getting ready for bed, after I'd spent over an hour tiredly unpacking, Zach actually asked me when I was going to dump 'that stuff'. I acted cool and made no mention of my experiment. I casually told him, "Oh yeah, I said a couple days ago that you could get rid of it." Then we went to bed.

Zach was up earlier than me this morning so one would expect that maybe he'd just been too tired to do it last night and that dumping the glop would be top priority this morning. Not a chance. He is not like me - that is to say manipulative and cunning. This is not a game of who can outlast whom. This is simply an extraordinary example of husband laziness.

There used to be a time when I would be hurt that Zach wouldn't read my blog, but now I'm kind of glad I can carry out The Great Husband Experiment sans his awareness. This is becoming almost fun. Zach tells me he doesn't need to read my blog because he lives its contents. But what he doesn't know is that in a way he's co-authoring it.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Warning: this is what Bill Cosby would refer to as the husband's "genius" at work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines