Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 8 - The Conclusion

Well, I woke up to a shock this morning. I puttered about in the kitchen for a while and then started to clean up by placing some dishes in the sink. And then I saw it. The bowl - the bowl - was sitting in the sink and it was full of hot, soapy water. I froze and thought Ho-ly crap. I just stood there for a minute in shock. I was actually beginning to think that the glob would never get dumped. And you know what? Upon further reflection, I'm coming to realize that my initial shock was more about sadness. I had gotten used to the stinky bowl of rapidly multiplying microorganisms sitting there on the stove.

When Zach got home later I finally brought up the subject of the glop formerly known as banana soup. I don't yet know the details about what was going on in his head - I have to take my time with that one - but I was just dying to ask where it got dumped. Over in the wooded area of Stella's yard. Ha! She's still in Florida so what's the harm? Actually, now that I'm thinking of Stella, she will really appreciate this story. I'll have to show her the pictures when she comes back later this month.

So now the glop is gone. It's been many hours, there's no longer any trace of it. However, the smell remains. Actually the smell is following my everywhere I go. I smelled it earlier in the car. I smell it in other parts of the house. I think I may be suffering from some sort of post traumatic stress disorder; perhaps I'm having olfactory hallucinations? Either that, or the smell is coming from somewhere else and the latter is possibly the more frightening of two.

After Picture

The empty stove

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Goldstein Gazette said...

I was going to guess that it would be Jacob that finally caved. Perhaps he would realize that his creation had run afoul and step up to take responsibility for the removal of the "soup". Or maybe he just wanted one more dish to wash...

Any chance Mango decided to eat it?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger xmas said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger xmas said...

You know, those are both very strong possibilities...maybe Zach didn't dump it after all and he is simply taking credit for the act. Jacob never really said much about it, never asked me why I was constantly taking pictures of the glop. I wonder what was going through his head about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines