Sunday, May 25, 2008

I'll be damned

Today was the perfect day. The kind of day with beautiful weather that almost makes you sad to experience because you know not all days can be this perfect. Zach has been painting again - 12 hours a day - and since it's a holiday weekend, not many other people are around to keep Jacob and me entertained. But we've been getting by, spending the days mostly outside doing productive and peaceful things. Jacob has been by my side, eager to help with every little chore. He is such a worker bee, and it's great because with the baby coming, having a little helper like that will really be handy.

So this morning started with hanging clothes on the line, Jacob loves this. He hands me clothes pins so I don't have to bend over and sometimes even pins them on himself while I hold them up. Later on we weeded for a couple hours. He fills his Tonka truck with the weeds and dumps it into the compost pile. After that we worked on the fire pit, weeding that, edging it out and actually having a fire to burn up the rest of the leaves in the yard. Again, the Tonka truck came in handy as Jacob gathered load after load of leaves.

Really there wasn't much else he could have done to make the day more perfect. Or at least I thought. Jacob was so excited to keep working that he took it upon himself, with no prompting from me, to go inside, get an empty bag, come back out, grab the poop shovel and set about picking up all the dog poops in the yard. I sat there with my jaw to the ground. He is obviously a different breed of kid. What more could a parent ask for?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines