Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More mice issues

Last night Jacob yelled down to Zach and I that he saw a mouse in his room. Since Jacob's currently in that 'telling tall tales' phase, we didn't consider that he might be telling the truth for even a second. We humored him for a minute and then let it go.

Well tonight I was messing around with more baby stuff and Zach was hanging something from the ceiling in what will soon be the kids' room, rather than just Jacob's...and he called me over to look at something on the dresser. It was a mouse poop. We considered that it could have fallen out of something that had been sitting on the dresser, but really there was no denying that it wasn't there the day before and that it most likely came directly from a mouse butt. I. Wanted. To. Hurl.

I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that most houses in this area have mice living in the attic at any given time, and fine with the knowledge that we've got them in our attic, but when they come mingling into our lives like that, that is where I draw the line. Even worse than that is what Zach told me next, he said he saw a mouse in the new part of the basement last night, as well as a dead baby mouse down there. Ughhhh. This makes sense because a couple weeks ago we found a little guy wandering around the outside of the house and we captured it for release in the field.


So this is just great, a great time to have a mouse problem. I've just done forty loads of laundry for all the baby stuff, I really don't want to have to wash all that stuff again. I won't unless I find irrefutable evidence, but now I want to sanitize every surface in the house.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Guess what?! We have a mouse, too! Last week I saw this tiny little furry thing do a triple bounce scurry in my peripheral vision in the doorway to the kitchen. I knew I saw something, but just told myself that it was nothing. Two nights ago, I saw a little brown mouse stick it's little nose out from behind the computer desk. It just sat there for 30 seconds and then turned around and went back behind the desk. Then, I heard him playing with the wires behind the desk. That was when I got mad... "he better not chew a cord and mess up my internet connection!" was what was going through my mind. Not sanitary reasons... but my internet! How dorky am I!

We now have peanut butter traps out... but no luck.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Do you want a barn kitten? There are at least four of them that are probably just about the right age to be adopted by now. I'm getting one for my mother. It will take care of your mouse problem tout de suite.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger xmas said...

You are kidding me, right? Do you think we don't have enough pets already? Plus, Zach is highly allergic.

Laura - bring your little mouse over for a playdate next time you all come a visiting...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger emmay said...

I am deathly afraid of mice. Had I known beforehand, I'd have worn knee socks and boots to your house the other day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines