Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Baby Clothes: Check

This morning Jacob and I went through the baby clothes, just the 0-3 months for now, pulled them out and washed them. This is what I did with them:


All of a sudden I had the urge to spend 10 minutes laying them out like this and take a picture. Before that I kept sorting them into different piles: Onesies, sleepers, socks, 'outfits', sleepers and onesies with stains on them. Then I would change my mind and shift them all around again. I am starting to go a little batty. I am completely restless and antsy!!

All I do now is find crazy things like this to do, and then get too irritated to continue and end up throwing something across the room. I alternate between the restless mood and the really, really irritated mood where everything bothers me. Sometimes I am restless and irritated at the same time, which actually is better than one or the other alone. That way I have something to be mad about (the fact that am restless) and the restlessness is somewhat alleviated by the fact that I am pissed off.

I've been organizing random things all over the house, which is a good thing. I'm not really sure you could call it nesting. If so, it's some form of insane hyper-nesting. Nesting gone awry. Nesting they could make a reality TV show out of.

Jacob wanted some peanuts so I scooped out a handful and put them in a bowl for him. he asked me, "Why did you give me that amount?" and I lost it. When I was done freaking out I looked up and saw Zach staring at me in wide-eyed bewilderment. Yeah, it's partly that I can't cope with little annoyances, but it's also partly that Jacob has been asking really, really obvious questions lately, perhaps just to hear himself talk? I don't know why Jacob, because that is the amount that fits in my hand when I reach into the container and scoop them out. I mean, is it just me, or is that kind of constant questioning really bothersome?

You know, maybe he's just getting restless too. That actually kind of makes sense. I'm doing things that have no purpose and he's letting loose with the non-sensible questioning...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines