Wednesday, May 05, 2010

For G'Ma Chris

Zach spent the weekend at his dad and Chris's house re-doing their barn roof. As he was wrapping things up late Sunday afternoon, I brought the kids down for a visit. Sabine was still in her party skirt from that morning when we attended a baby shower. Chris just went nuts over the skirt and couldn't get over how cute Sabine was in it. She said, "I can't wait to show all my friends a picture of my hippie chick grand-daughter in that skirt!" Or something to that effect, but the point is that she said Grand Daughter. That's a big step for someone who doesn't have any of her own children and swore she'd never be referred to as a grandmother.

Jacob must have sensed a shift because the next day when we were back down there picking up Zach's truck, Jacob walked over to Chris to ask her to open the horse stall. He started, "Grandma Chris, can you..." and she didn't even flinch. Zach and I looked at each other and raised our eyebrows as if to say, did you just hear what I heard?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines