Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All the things - Part I

I don't really have time to be writing now, but there so much to catch up on that I think I'll explode if I don't start typing it all out of my system right now. I'll see how far I can get in the next few minutes. Two weeks ago was the digusting day where I found out about the bugs in the yogurt, right? Then the next day was an ice cream playgroup at another mom's house (we are a fun bunch), then to a meeting at work, and then I went over to a woman's house with Angie to meet the two dogs I agreed to pet-sit for. Angie is about due with her second baby and I think she's getting away from the pet-sitting business because of this. That was probably the day that my mom and I decided if we were going to get Jacob up to Camp before we left for our big trip across the country, it was going to be Saturday-Monday.

Friday was a day trip to Vermont, which most people who know me, know is code for 'therapy'. I wonder if anyone ever wonders why the hell I 'go to Vermont' so much. I'm not secretive about it. I'll talk about it all day if you want, I just think half the people are totally unfamiliar with that kind of thing and therefore would think I'm insane. Whatever. It's my one thing. I won't call it a guilty pleasure, because by God, if I didn't clear my head every 3-4 weeks, I might implode (the opposite of what happens when I don't get to write).

Saturday we had some friends over as we couldn't leave til the late afternoon anyway since my mom was at Marisa's recital. Of course it took many more hours than expected to pack for the two days out of town and we didn't end up at our destination (four hour drive) until almost 11pm. All had been well in the sleep department, remember. So Jacob understood that as soon as we got there he was going to start to get ready for bed but then my mom called home to check in and Jamie didn't sound so good.

Anyway, I have to go take care of a couple handicapped dogs which you'll have to stay-stuned to hear about, and I have to get final approval as to whether I'm allowed to write about the emergency room drama with Jamie!

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You know... I always wondered what was in VT! I could sense that it was something personal - so the explanation makes complete sense now - but to be honest... I think EVERYONE should have a professional counselor. People would live much more peaceful lives, I think...

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Hey, so is "Vermont" code for "New Hampshire" and is "therapy" code for "fish tadpoles out of a duck pond"?

I ask because I care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines