Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Playing Doctor

Out of all the pretend games, I pretty much hate this one the most. I'm not sure why. I have fond memories of playing doctor with the boy next door and my best friend across the street when I was growing up. 'Doctor' is like the simplest of them too; the one where I can get away with the most. But anyway, here we are playing it.

'Doctor' pretty much goes the same way each time, with differing excuses as to why I have to get up and go do something, or why I need Jacob to go get me something, or why I need to just "close my eyes and rest for a minute because I am so sick." Here's an example:

Him: You pretend I'm the doctor and you are my patient.
Me: Oh doctor, my tummy hurts!
Him: (examining area of complaint) I have to give you a shot.
Me: What's the shot going to do?
Him: (very menacingly) It's going to hurt...
Me: (rephrasing) Why do I need the shot?
Him: Because you have to stay here for a few days.

Whatever. At this point I'm usually fed up with it and then I make my requests. Today I just had to write about it. When I got up from the bed and quesioned as to where I was going, I thought fast. "I have to go look up the medication I am already taking and make sure the shot you are going to give me does not interact with the my medicine."

Right now I am 'entering my query on WebMD'. This is getting long and Jacob's about to catch on. I guess it's time to go face the music. I'm just glad he can't read yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines