Wednesday, July 25, 2007

RV PTSD: Hallucinations

When we got back from our trip, Jacob and I spent the first night home in the RV. We liked it that much that we actually chose to sleep there, instead of the comfy bed in the house. The next night I started out in the RV, but soon got freaked out all alone and joined the boys in the big bed. Then, some odd number of hours later, I woke up to find myself very confused and I couldn't see anything. Zach sleeps through everything so I don't know why this should have woken him, but it did and he asked me what the hell I was doing just standing there in the middle of the floor.

"Where are we?" I asked
"In the bedroom."
"In the RV?"
"No. In the bedroom."
"The bedroom in the RV?"
"No. The bedroom in the house! What are you doing?!"
(Still confused and seeing only black) "I'm trying to figure out how the hell to get out of here."
"Go left, but watch the suitcase."
"Where's the bathroom?"

And it went on like that for another minute or so and then my eyes came back to me. I think I was sleep-walking, admittedly not a long distance though. And even though my eyes were open and straining to see, I must have been suffering from partial sleep-paralysis where I could move my body, but my eye parts weren't functioning. I don't really remember the conversation (Zach told me it in the morning) but I remember standing there, truly believing we were in the RV, thinking I was in this one spot, yet still not knowing how the hell to get out of there. It was just so funny though because I am usually on the receiving end of that sleep-craziness.

However, in keeping with his normal sleep hallucinations, Zach woke in the middle of the next night all freaked out and pointing with his arm completely extended toward the foot of the bed.

"Woah! What's that?!"
"What's what?" I asked.
"That. That open space with the light coming from it."
"The hallway."
"oh."

Because we didn't have one for three weeks. This is some convoluted form of culture shock. Oh to be a fly on the wall in our house...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines