Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday Night

Today was slow. We didn't get anything done, but we had a lot of fun with Jacob. Zach and I took him to a local children's museum that he got a membership to for his birthday. Without the membership we would have spent $18 on the three of us. I am way too cheap for that, so it's a good thing we've got the membership now. After letting Jacob run around exploring and touching all kinds of live creatures for an hour, we left to get some essentials at Target.

I had taken all these portraits of Jacob this year instead of going to Sears and paying $100. I finally ordered prints and we were picking them up today. I don't know what happened between the photo center and the check-out aisle, but the pictures were gone. They must have dropped out of the cart somewhere, and even a trip back to Target didn't yield any pictures. Boooo.

But anyway, at Target Jacob saw a Bob the Builder video like three aisles away. I don't know how he saw it, he must have kid radar. So we headed over to take a peek. Jacob was looking over a copy of it and I noticed on my that this video features a new character, 'R-Vee'. We weren't going to get it because we just don't do things like that, make unplanned purchases, but the R-Vee thing kind of sold us on it because of our recent RV experience. Jacob saw me put my copy back and started to set up his 'resistance mode'. You know what I mean, every kid has one of their very own perfected methods. So we told him that it's ok, he didn't have to cry, we were buying it. Well Jacob just didn't know what to do with that. He stopped the contortions of his face and the whining and just kind of stared at us like, "What do you mean I can have it? I do not understand. Is this a trick?"

The funny thing is Zach and I were just as excited about the video as Jacob was. We talked about what we'd do when we got home and then how after all the stuff was out of the way we could sit down on the couch to watch Scrambler to the Rescue. So this is our Saturday night: The three of us snuggled on the couch with Bob the Builder, popcorn, and plenty of blankets. It couldn't be more perfect.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines