Sunday, June 01, 2008

Anytime now....

I'm pretty much full-term now. I'd like to be done with this already. The only thing I was really worried about was missing the season finale of LOST last Thursday. That is over now, I can have this baby anytime.

Jacob's hospital bag is packed and ready to go. Mine is a different story. I've never really understood how you pack a hospital bag when there are so few clothes that still fit you and those are the only clothes that you will be fitting into after the baby as well. So with two pairs of pants that I alternate between, it's not like I can pack them away in a bag that sits by the door ready to go to the hospital. I just have to hope that the laundry is clean on the day I go into labor.

A few days ago I got the baby's carseat installed at AAA. Baby Honey is riding around in it for now. I've gotten together all the cloth diapers I have leftover from Jacob and bought a friend's used ones to complete the collection. Other than that I can't really do much more to get ready for the actual baby. I suppose I will pull out the newborn sizes of Jacob's old clothes and wash them. This is not to be confused with nesting. I am not nesting. Nesting is pretty much something my whole life is made up of because I am just that kind of person, but in this case I am forcing myself to do this stuff.

I'm going to get my hair cut for the last time in God-knows-how-long this week. I'm cutting up the remainder of my maternity clothes Flashdance-style to make a 'summer wardrobe' out of them because I have nothing appropriate that still fits me. I suppose I will get around to filing that huge stack of papers (at least 6 month's worth) that's been building up because it's taking up room on a table in what will be the kids' room (not to be confused with the kids' bedroom, it's just the room where Jacob's stuff lives). Lot's of spring cleaning has been going on here with help from my mom who loves to clean just as much as I do - no, really, we like to clean.

I gave the dogs a bath today. I'm organizing everything I can, clearing space wherever it's still possible, trying to get caught up on uploading pictures, updating the photo album, filling the freezer. And I'm growing more tired by the day. It's amazing how you think you can't be more exhausted, but then the next day brings a new level of tiredness. I can't wait until I have the excuse to lay around all day and have people get me things. Going to the hospital seems like a vacation to me at this point.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines