Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sabine

Where do I start? I have a little girl. She was born on Sunday, June 22nd. I got to the hospital at about 5:30 and she was born at 6:46pm. We named her Sabine Lorelai (Sabine with a long E sound), although her middle name took some consideration and we're still not sure we're really married to it. I supposed as she grows on us, the name will become a part of her and then it will be too late to change it. Boy am I glad not to be pregnant anymore!

Anyway, I've been wanting to post this for a couple days but I'm without a computer as it is being repaired. I suppose this is a good thing because it's nice to not have much to do but sit around with my new baby. I basically just want to hold her and look at her all the time. When she's sleeping (and she seems to sleep more than Jacob ever did) I miss her and want her to wake up so I can look at her eyes. When she's awake she is very alert, and this is not just coming from her mother, everyone says so.

The other two things that everyone agrees on is that she has great neck control and that she's freaking beautiful. How did I get so lucky??

We didn't plan it, but right away we started calling her Beanie and it just seems to fit. Whenever Zach calls her Sabine it kind of jars me because it's weird to think of her as having a name already. It seems like she should be 'the baby' for a little bit longer. For so long it was like, "If it's a girl we'll use Sabine." I wanted something different that no one else will have.

She spits up a ton (something we are used to from Jacob's baby days) and sleeps well. Although that is that most I will say of the latter because I feel like there should be a parental code where those who have good sleepers never talk about it in order to not jinx it, as well to not rub it in the faces of the parents who don't have children who are 'reliable' sleepers.

Overall this is a very different experience than I had with Jacob. Things are completely opposite. Nursing has come very easily. I am more confident. We're just relaxing into being the parents of this little girl. Jacob is in love with her. He's as big a helper as we suspected he would be, but we can also tell it's hitting him hard. When he acts out, he really acts out and it's started to feel a little like walking on eggshells around him. But more on that another time.

I wanted to post pictures but I'm still having trouble uploading them because of the no computer thing and I haven't had enough time on the bits of borrowed internet I'm getting at my mom's.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger emmay said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet Sabine...and though I'm a tad biased, little girls are so much fun!! Isn't it amazing how different two little people that came from the same parents can be? Again, congratulations!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Congratulations! Enjoy the newness again. :)

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger BlueSunshine said...

Congrats! I was just in Flickr and I saw some pictures. She is beautiful! Love her name! I have a friend that just named her daughter Lorelai! Very wonderful news that she is here, enjoy her!

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your family! Great nickname (full disclosure -- my wife's nickname is Bean). I'm thrilled that everyone is healthy and happy, and I'm sure you and Zach will raise another unique, special individual.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

For the record, I like the name Lorelai. I'm glad that everything is going so well for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines