Friday, September 19, 2008

There's no turning back now

Zach's cousin works in NYC and often gets perk tickets to Yankee Stadium. He had four tickets for this past Wednesday's game and gave them to Zach. And you know where the seats where? Fifth row behind the Yankee dugout. Zach looked it up online...those are $400 seats, $1600 total.

Initially I told Zach he'd better not even think of taking Jacob down there...but we eventually worked out a deal and Jacob did go with him. Zach's mom and Alex also went with them. I was totally freaked out the week leading up to the game, and I cried when they left. It's the furthest I ever been away from Jacob, distance-wise. I am not crazy about the city and the protective part of me basically thought I would never see them again. They had a great time though. It was really important for Zach to take Jacob because they had such awesome seats, and because it was one of the very last games to be played at Yankee Stadium before they tear it down.

Back at home I had a very quiet day. I went to turn on the game at 7pm and found out it wasn't on network TV like it had been the night before. Nobody bothered to tell me that beforehand so I didn't get to watch the game. I could have gone up to my mom's to watch it but they taped it instead. I was psyched to watch the game because I was sure Jacob would be one of those cute kids that they put on TV in between innings. We tried to watch the tape tonight but something went wrong and it's just fuzz. Guess we need to get tivo. Jamie watched the game and didn't say he saw Jacob, but Jacob is a seriously cute kid and I can't believe they wouldn't have him on camera at some point, considering where they were sitting.

So anyway, it's official, Jacob has been to the world of Yankees and back...and he is now a fully devoted fan. There's no turning him over to my side now. Maybe Sabine with be a Boston fan.

On the upside, when we went to the park the next day Jacob played baseball with Jeter and the rest of the team instead of going to a job site with Spud, so that was a nice little break from all that for me.


Alex walked Jacob up to the dugout during batting
practice and one of the players tossed him a ball.

This is my personal favorite. Zach said he took
this photo for me - he knows me well.

And this is my favorite of the ones with Jacob
in them. Classic.


The boys showed up at home at 1:30am.
Jacob came in, told me a few highlights, then
passed out on the floor like this.


These last two pictures are zoomed in pretty far. I wondered how Zach could get in so close, and then he pulled a telephoto lens out of the bag. He bought it last week when he found out about
the tickets and surprised me with the lens after they came home from the game. I'm kind of in shock about it. I don't deserve it or feel like I've earned it because I didn't spend half a year saving up for it. I guess that's my reward for being a brave little mother and letting my baby go to the big bad city.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines