Friday, October 10, 2008

things before we leave...

We're leaving for Camp in a bit for our last trip of the season. I always get going crazy tying up loose ends at the last minute because I hate to leave town with things unfinished. My mind is racing right now, and here's what I'm thinking:

When they talk about the 'pitter-patter of little feet', this is not something to look forward to. It is not a sweet little tramping around of darling little children. It is your four year old going about the day with the inability to move in any sort of direction without stomping his feet, jumping off of his location, jumping onto his destination, pounding little limbs everywhere he goes. It is painful to the ears and bad for one's blood pressure. He also yells, sings or squeals all of the words that come out of his mouth. All we do is tell Jacob to stp screaming, stop running, stop doing whatever. I feel bad because it's like we're telling him he can't be himself. I said to Zach, "He's out own kid, we're supposed to think that stuff is cute, why can't we stand him lately?" The only answer Zach can give me is that it's because he does it all the time without ceasing. And I don't really know how to fix that.

We finally have a video camera to tape all the cute (annoying) stuff Jacob does, but the problem is you can't catch any of that stuff when you want to. Jacob will be doing something I want to capture and I get the video camera out...five seconds go by before he realizes that you're taking him and instead of being normal, he acts like a doofus. It's like the Hawthorn Effect.

Also, can anyone say 'Ham'?



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines