Monday, December 22, 2008

Sabine: Month Six

Dear Sabine,

Today you are six months old. It blows my mind how friggin fast those six months went by. In fact, it's terrifying because I know the next six months will go by just as fast. And then six years will go by before I know it. And suddenly, before my very eyes, you'll be all grown.

I wish I could keep you kids small, I like being a mother to young kids. I remember when Jacob was a baby, rapidly growing into a toddler, and then a little boy; we kept saying, "Oh this is the best age." And then he'd enter another stage of development and we'd think that was the greatest.

Right now you are becoming a little person with her own preferences and ways to express those preferences. You started real crawling the other day. You reach for us to be picked up. And you reach for any object near enough to grab. This is becoming problematic when we're holding you; sometimes you almost lunge out of our arms to get to something. When we take something away from you, you cry now instead of just accepting it. Your favorite toy is clearly the old cloth star that hung from a play mat we had for Jacob.

Everything is going into your mouth these days. You're interested in everything, and so, so curious about the world around us. And you're really responding to anyone who interacts with you. You 'talk' to us, offers anyone who looks your way a huge smile, and I swear you're starting to wave. I almost think that you're beginning to say hi. My mother always told me that I started saying hi when I was six months old and I never believed it, but now I can see how that might have been possible. You make a breathy hi sound at the same time you start flapping your little arm and it either happens when someone walks in the room, or when someone is waving to you. So what other explanation can there be?

Anyway, Sabine, this is where it starts to get really fun. This is your first best age.

Love,

Mommy

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines