Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Saturday:


That's eight laundry baskets, six of them full and two of them half-full, and two and a half five gallon buckets full of dirty diapers. WTF? I don't know how this happens. How do we even have this many clothes??

Here's a part of the problem:

In this picture we've got one night's worth of dirtied laundry. On the worst of the nights Jacob pees the bed twice, Sabine's diaper leaks through, and both of the adults in the bed get hit with the pee as too. When we went to bed the hamper was nearly full. Then in three different instances it got filled, overflowed and then we just aimed for somewhere near the hamper with the urine clothes and blankets.

This is just one of the many things that have been keeping me from updating here. I plan to keep posting as much as I can and totally ignore my family tonight. Maybe I'll get as many as five new posts up. Also, I'm going to try to get back to a bunch of e-mails that have been waiting for a number of weeks. Ever since Sabine started crawling just before Christmas, life as I knew it basically stopped. And maybe in the coming days I can write Jacob and Sabine's monthly posts.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried hemp doublers for Sabine's diapers? If not - you will love them!
I cram Adelaide's nightime diaper with a microfleece liner AND doubler AND a hemp doubler. Never had a leak - not once. She'll keep that diaper on from 6PM at night until 8AM the next morning.
At least that would be one less pee accident =)
Sorry about all the laundry! It's a never-ending battle.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger xmas said...

I do have one hemp that I got as a sample. I will have to try that in addition to what usually goes in. I guess maybe I just haven't been putting enough 'filler' into the diaps. Maybe I thought that would make me lazy, but it's good to know that you do that. I won't feel so lazy not wanting to change her diaper in the middle of the night. Thanks!

BTW - you're not also going to tell me she sleeps through the night, are you?

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, no! She doesn't sleep through the night! LOL! I don't want to add diaper changes into the mix though that would potentially make the night waking worse, KWIM?
We're finally seeing some small improvements there though.
A lot of absorption problems can be from your washing routine too. Do you have hard water? I have crazy hard water and use citric acid to help "neutralize" it. Did you know that the minerals in hard water actually "eat" your soaps. Can you tell I've done WAY too much research on this! LOL!
Anyway, if you get buildup on your diapers from the soaps or hard water it causes you diapers to not work so well, so you have strip them. Boil them with Dawn and it takes away the buildup.
I have a whole wash routine I can share if you are a noticing a problem with them (stink when they are wet, rashes, excessive leaking).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines