Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gusfest

What do you get when you pour three hundred pounds of dried corn on the floor and then throw in six boys ages three to five?



The coolest birthday party ever!

This was Barb's idea of a 'simple' party...hehe. But she is crazy like that and that's why we love her! And can I just talk about the 'cake' for a minute. When I walked in I actually thought that was a dump truck full of dirt. But no, it was a dump truck full of broken up chocolate cake and chocolate pudding. Oh yeah.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an awesome party! It's exactly what kids should be doing. I just want to know what they did with the corn after the party was over?

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger xmas said...

It's actually still there so they really get their effort's-worth out of it. We're invited over to play with it one more time and then it'll be picked up. We've each been promised a bin full of it to use as texture bins. I'm sure there will be many crafts in the corn's future as well. Wildlife will surely be fed, and they actually have chickens so I'm sure the girls will be happy to have some corn.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Wow, that's actually a pretty awesome idea. I'm going to keep that under my hat for one day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines