Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sabine: Month 7

Dear Sabine,

You are a Force of Nature. With capital letters. You know what you want. You know how to communicate those wants. And when we don't give in, you just go ahead and find a way to make it happen. Right now I am thinking Get ready for Sabine, she is coming full-force. I don't know what that means exactly, but that's what comes to mind. You've got the personality of a person who people know have just walked into a room. That's a whole of person-ing in that sentence!


What else can I say about my Sabine? You stand everywhere, you don't need much to pull-up, just a little knob sticking an inch off of a drawer. You crawl freaking everywhere. You do circles around the house, especially when I am vacuuming. You LOVE the vacuum. You want to marry it...hehe. But seriously, when I've got it out you come bull-dogging into the room just start attacking the canister, like you can't get close enough to it.

You have a little sit of your very own. We call it your hurdler position. Right foot out in front, left foot tucked under your toosh with knee bent. That's how you sit. Every time. And it's never been the left foot out in front with the right tucked under. This is not good news for your sports future. I would like to have a child who takes after me, who is left-handed. Jacob is right-handed but plays sports lefty, so there is hope for you.


You get into everything. Every Thing. I don't know how you get some of the stuff that ends up in your mouth. Your reach is long and strong. I'll be walking around the house with you hitched up on my left hip and then someone asks how you got the dish gloves in your hand. "What?" I look and you've got then, chewing away. Then I remember that I washed your hands ten minutes ago, you must have made a dive for them without me knowing.


You're beautiful. Not that that matters. ;-) Your hair is awesome. I love putting crap in it. I love dressing you in mis-matched layers. I don't know what it is, I can't put you in a matching outfit, like those sets that everyone likes to give little girls. You do wear more pink than I'd like but I always try to 'boy it down' with blue and other dark colors or 'boyish' accesories. I just hope you don't get to liking the pink thing. I don't know what I'd do with myself.


You love, love, love the dogs. Or any kind of non-human animal, for that matter. Ginger loves you back. That is so nice for her to have someone who isn't always yelling at her. She loves you back. Mango, however, Does Not Like You. With capital letters. You are the one who took her place as 'Daddy's Girl'. She is not happy about it and will look you right in the face to convey this, then turn and swagger away.


Your favorite human is Jacob. To you, he is Hys-ter-ic-al. Anything he does, you crap up and make all kinds of crazy sounds. You do prefer me most of the time, but we all know you just love me for my body. You play hard, laugh hard, cry hard and sleep light. You are so full of life, yet quite an old soul I can tell. You've been around before.

What else can I say? I haven't gotten much done since you started crawling, and now you're getting ready to walk soon! If something is in your way, you just plow on through it, there's no stoppiong you. I started this post back when you were 7 months. Now you're closer to eight months. That's what you've done to me. Anyway, here's so photos I stuck in when I first started writing this. There's many more now, I'll try to post them later.





Love,

Mommy

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it was her cold (the other day when Joey and I stopped by) but it sounded like she has a slightly deeper/raspy coo than most high-pitched baby coo's. I love that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines