Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sabine 7& 3/4

After I posted the other day I realized there was some stuff I'd meant to write about Sabine which I left out. I also wanted to put in some more pictures. And now that I'm sitting here to finish up I'm realizing that she's only a week away from being eight months old. So I might as well go ahead and make this the 'Month 8' post, or 7 & 3/4.

So as I was saying, she plows through things, she gets to whatever it is she wants, she's a force to be reckoned with. And in turn, if there is something Sabine doesn't want to do, there's a good chance you might not get to do it. For instance: Changing her diaper. Sabine does not like getting her diaper changed. She doesn't like getting into her carseat. She doesn't liked to be restrained in any way, shape or form. She flips her little body this way and that, tossing herself all about, trying to get out of your grips. Oh, and getting dressed is The Worst. It wasn't always like that, it used to be fun dressing her, we made a little game out of it. Now, it is like you might as well be killing her.

Sabine feeds herself Cheerios, but still can't figure out how to eat food from a spoon. She hasn't totally grasped the idea of opening her mouth when you come at her with the spoon. But she can ask for more; she uses the ASL sign for 'more'. She claps her hands. She loves music, and clapping her hands to music. Sabine asks for music to be put on, I swear to God. She does her little singing voice "aaahhh" and sometimes lightly claps her hands and you can just tell she's making a request. Then when the music is put on she really starts bopping around and clapping, or shaking one of the instruments.

Also Zach pointed out a typo of mine, where I wrote about how much she loves Jacob. I meant to say that she "cracks up" at him, but instead I wrote 'craps'. Typo, or Freudian slip?

Here's some more pictures:








Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines