Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's your story?

You know how they interview each contestant on Jeopardy? Just a little tid-bit that tells a little about who they are...what's up with the things people say? They come up with the stupidest facts to tell the world about their lives. Some guy's biggest thing in life was that he once got invited to a party for Barack Obama (boy I hope I spelled that right). This was like 15 years ago, and he didn't even go. Swell. Oh, how about the lady last night who once voted in an election and had her picture taken and put in the paper because she was one of only 100+ people who actually voted. Fantastic.

Now that I'm actually writing about this I can't even remember any of the other stupid things I've heard. They're that trivial. Why can't anyone talk about what they do for a living, or how many kids they have? Those would be things that people can relate to. If they want 'different' stories to tell can't they come up anything vaguely interesting?

Anyway, speaking of the president, a couple weeks ago we were riding in the car when Zach heard something on the radio that prompted him to tell me, "Did you know that 75% of Americans don't know the president's name?" Are you serious? What a ridiculously inflated statistic. How could anyone believe that? Why would they even try to say such a thing? My response to Zach, "Did you know that 95% of statistics are completely fabricated?"

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was once exorcised at Catholic school. Yup, exor, not exer ...

I just wanted to share my ridiculous gameshow story with you. :)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I conducted the literature review for the study that found that 95% of statistics were made up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Parenting Blogs - Blog Top Sites Subscribe with Bloglines